3.1.7 status

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Mon Feb 29 17:46:45 UTC 2016

the 3.1.7 release candidate now passes all tests on Mac and Linux, for
me at least.

The tests are not all passing for me on Windows, but I believe that this
is not a problem with ASDF as such.  Instead, it seems that when I run
the make file from inside cygwin, the running lisp gets cygwin-style
pathnames (e.g., /cygdrive/f/asdf/) instead of native-ish pathnames
(f:/asdf/).

I will have to modify the running environment to set an environment
variable to indicate CYGWIN, and then decode the pathnames appropriately.

Unfortunately, it seems that if we run cygwin and then use  UIOP
run-program  inside it, we get cmd.exe, rather than cygwin bash, which
makes it tricky for me to run cygpath to translate the pathnames.

UIOP does not seem able to detect cygwin -- it has code that looks like
uiop:os-unix-p should return t when cygwin is running, but that code
seems not to work. It looks for a :CYGWIN feature which is not present,
at least not under SBCL.  I can see that uname -o returns "Cygwin", but
can't run that from inside SBCL -- catch 22.

Right now, I'm stumped by this.  Going back to Real Work (tm) for the
rest of the day.