test-sysdef-asdf failing

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 04:39:27 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
> This test fails for me on SBCL, Allegro, and CCL.

The problem was that your bump-version script did an incomplete job at
updating all occurrences of 3.1.6.13 to 3.1.6.14, and this confused
the mechanism whereby asdf declines to load a version of itself that
isn't strictly more recent, so as not to upset its current state (and
to make upgrade idempotent).

I tried to update your bump-version script, but perl gave me a
headache and I stopped trying. If the new-style test scripts aren't
reliable enough for you on windows and mac, hopefully the lisp
bump-version script should still be working fine on linux and mac. It
should only be run when asdf is working correctly, at which point the
bootstrap issues should be stable.

To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
               — Carl Sagan