Warnings: towards 3.1.7

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Mon Feb 15 20:13:46 UTC 2016

On 2/15/16 Feb 15 -2:00 PM, Faré wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
>> I was having some trouble with warnings causing build failures in ASDF,
>> despite (correctly?) setting variables.
>>
>> Please see the test-warnings branch on cl.net.  This contains a small
>> number of additional tests.
>>
>> I'll continue to look these over to see why they are failing.  I'll move
>> to release after these are fixed/dismissed as wrong.
>>
> I didn't try to think about those tests you added, but they pass for
> me on sbcl and ccl.

I got failures on a number of the implementations:

 Unexpected test failures on these implementations:
build/results/ccl-test.text
build/results/clisp-test.text
build/results/lispworks-test.text
build/results/allegro_64-test.text
build/results/allegromodern_64-test.text
build/results/allegro8_64-test.text
build/results/allegromodern8_64-test.text
build/results/allegro_64_s-test.text
build/results/allegromodern_64_s-test.text
build/results/allegro8_64_s-test.text
build/results/allegromodern8_64_s-test.text
build/results/abcl-test.text

This is on mac.

For me test-undeferred-warnings fails on CCL.  But I'm still running
1.10, in case that matters.

More details soon.

Note that I'm not entirely sure how the deferred/undeferred warnings
should be working.

I was just alerted to this when I tried to quash a redefined variable
warning that was expected, but was breaking a build on Allegro, when we
set warnings to cause failures.  I expected that ignoring warnings on
ASDF would also suppress the build failures.