ASDF 3.1.7.43 is 3.2 release candidate

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 05:02:58 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 11:50 PM, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> wrote:
>> You're in luck: ASDF 3.2.0's new uiop:launch-program supports running
>> asynchronously and getting the process ID — at least if you run on
>> SBCL and other good implementations.
>
> Cool. (I use CCL - is it supported?).

Yes, CCL is supported. Mind that CCL's background thread will read
from stdin in competition with any interactive subprocess you run,
though, unless you use my single-threaded-ccl to refrain from running
that thread (at which point you have to manually flush stdout and
stderr).

>> And you only need that on the master Lisp that launches the other
>> subprocesses, so it doesn't have to work on all platforms.
>
> Yes. CCL on various OSes is needed, do you think it will work?
> Also, it's desirable the target file to be appended, not overwriten.
> Is that possible currently?

I believe that :append is indeed possible with CCL and launch-program,
but you'd have to double-check.

>> NB: If you're not using it yet, you might be interested in the
>> lisp-invocation library.

When a man says money can do anything, that settles it: he hasn't got any.
               — Edgar Watson Howe