Version 3.1.7.7 has been pushed

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:35:04 UTC 2016

>>: Faré
>: Elias

>> 2- Similarly, when deciding what to do with internals (or even
>> externals), grep'ing the contents of quicklisp is good policy. Though
>> regarding external symbol, even if no one in quicklisp uses it, it's
>> good citizenship to go through a complete 2-year obsolescence cycle.
>
> The sources for every project on quicklisp? Is there a central repository that holds all of those, or a simple way to obtain them?

My system ql-test https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/frideau/ql-test
provides a few utility functions that might prove useful.

>> 3- I find %if-on-lispworks7+ particularly ugly. I'd create a feature
>> and add it in common-lisp.lisp. But I admit this is a weak preference.
>
> Yes, I found it terribly ugly, too. I wasn’t aware that adding to *features* was something you’re allowed to do. I’ve now done that in
>
> https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/asdf/asdf/commit/13df4e9364527dd5b9197012b1eb95c6e9b9bcd1
>
> and the code has ended up looking quite a bit nicer again, in particular because with #+ instead of macros I don’t need to use find-symbol* and (declare (ignore)) will work.

Yes, it is allowed, but with a lot of parcimony. I frown upon random
systems adding a feature to show they're present: that's bad practice
from before the time when defsystem was universal. But in some cases
(uiop/os, trivial-features, etc.), it's a way to provide a uniform
interface to the underlying implementation, and is therefore
justified.

> I’ve also pushed a fix for the LispWorks 6 warning in
>
>   https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/asdf/asdf/commit/590952a8afc9ca57e0a9cc917105b6f1d4039351
>
> (thanks a lot to Robert for helping me debug that!).

Thanks to the two of you!

> If we can agree on Robert’s unsupported-functionality error class, I’ll work that into the merge request, too.

Yes, it's a good idea.

Sigh. I like to say that UIOP is a library that does literally nothing
-- but the same nothing uniformly on 15 different implementations. And
that's hard.

The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all,
but goes on making his own business better all the time. — Henry Ford