extending uiop/run-program

Elias Pipping pipping.elias at icloud.com
Mon Aug 15 14:11:05 UTC 2016

> On 15 Aug 2016, at 15:44, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
>
> Elias,
>
> I've lost track a little bit: will you please tell me how to get the
> uncontroversial patches from your fork?
>
> I'd like to try those first.

Dear Robert,

I’m sorry, the branch is not actually a complete mess but it may look like it at first. I’ve kept the commits arranged such that the pure bug fixes come first and then later what’s still under construction. So there are three segments:

# Entirely uncontroversial
8a27eb6 Restore alphabetical order
7e0aec2 Bug fix: Pass :if-*-exists on to Allegro CL
e9e8db5 Use ext: instead of si: on Embeddable Common-Lisp
f294a3f Signal an error on unsupported platforms
61608a2 Restrict assertion to cases where it is necessary
6fcd69c Replace a private Clozure CL function call
4673c13 Remove superfluous "not implemented" error
c661d89 Bug fix: Exit status with Allegro CL after signal

# Could use a second opinion (the first two, the other two just depend on them)
e1cb30d Add process-info class
d288f55 Add and use file-stream*-p
14c9859 Bug fix: Exit code with LispWorks 7
98f929a Bug fix: Store exit code with Allegro CL

# WIP
f92d032 Add and use not-implemented-error
2706cbb Add and use parameter-error
9d5b7ba Move parameter error handling for CLISP
5957b74 Add %terminate-process and %posix-process-send-signal
8fddc7a Add %process-alive-p and %process-status
7e53d49 Add %process-info-*put getters
5c089c3 Add %process-close
9e8c0d5 Add a preliminary test. Current output:

The order here is the same as on the branch.

Elias