How does one declare non-lisp dependencies?

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Thu Apr 28 12:47:00 UTC 2016

You could certainly create a class of ASDF component that would represent software packages/libraries like libfixposix.

Then you would have the PERFORM methods on the objects of this class simply check for the presence of the library. You could have other ASDF components depend on objects of this class.

Probably the trickiest thing would be to write the methods to check for presence of the libraries, which would have to mirror all the ways your C compiler and/or CFFI might find them, in order to avoid false negatives where ASDF would error out, although the build would have been successful.

For C libraries built with make folks at my company have banged together a class like this, but not for libraries that are installed by .deb, rpm, Mac ports, brew, cygwin, etc, etc

Sent from my iPhone