Bundle operations

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 05:21:31 UTC 2015

Dear Daniel, dear Jean-Claude,

when asdf-ecl was initially written, its load-fasl-op was intended
as the default way to load a system. Because of implementation bugs
revealed as ASDF improved its testing, this feature was disabled at
some point while developing ASDF 3.1. Now that these implementation
bugs seem to have been solved, for both ECL and MKCL, the question is:
do you guys want me to make load-bundle-op (as it is now named)
the default *load-system-operation* on ECL and/or MKCL?

And if so, what test shall I use or not use in determining whether
the implementation is recent enough to use this feature without bug?
I suppose it's better to check against a recent version of ECL that I can test
against this feature than over an older version that may or may not work.

This is probably not a change that should happen in 3.1.6,
but probably shortly afterwards.

The kingly office is entitled to no respect. It was originally procured by the
highwayman's methods; it remains a perpetuated crime, can never be anything but
the symbol of a crime. It is no more entitled to respect than is the flag of
a pirate. — Mark Twain