ASDF 3.1.5 test suite issues on ACL (8.2 and 10.0 GM)

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 22:03:08 UTC 2015

>> > @thor[git:master]$ ALLEGRO=/c/acl100/alisp make l=allegro test-lisp
>>> I believe this should be ALLEGRO=c:\acl100\alisp ? (with proper shell escaping).
>>> If using cygwin, $(cygpath ...) can help.
>
> The test scripts are written in BASH, so that would not be correct for
> them.  ACL uses native Windows pathnames, but BASH doesn't.
>
> In any case, I tried it, and it didn't work.  I doubled the \'s, too.

In the minimakefile branch, the test scripts are written in Common
Lisp, which if you use a native implementation (CCL is used by
default), uses native Windows pathnames. Which is why I recommend
using it, since that might simplify configuration somewhat.

> I'm going to wait for you guys to get the Windows tests working before
> I use them.  It is just too confusing for a non-ASDF devel like me.

Tests worked for me on Windows using Allegro 9.0 last weekend with
3.1.5.7 in the minimakefile branch.
I have not tried Allegro 10.0 or Allegro but I believe they would work
just as well.

There is neither early nor late to fall in love. Only the right time.