ASDF 3.1.5 test suite issues on ACL (8.2 and 10.0 GM)

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 21:44:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Kevin Layer <layer at franz.com> wrote:
> Faré wrote:

>>> If you don't get this error — wonderful!
>>>
>>> Please proceed to the next stage (this assumes the master branch):
>>>
>>> make l=allegro test-lisp
>>>
>>> Hopefully, all tests pass.
>
> The problem I mentioned before still exists:
>
> @thor[git:master]$ ALLEGRO=/c/acl100/alisp make l=allegro test-lisp
> ALLEGRO=/c/acl100/alisp
I believe this should be ALLEGRO=c:\acl100\alisp ? (with proper shell escaping).
If using cygwin, $(cygpath ...) can help.

> CL_SOURCE_REGISTRY=/home/layer/asdf/:/home/layer/asdf/uiop/:/home/layer/asdf/ext//:
If using a native Windows Allegro, this should probably similarly be
using Windows paths,
and once again cygpath can help do the translation automatically.

> PWD=/home/layer/asdf/test
> OLDPWD=/home/layer/asdf
> /c/acl100/buildi.exe -I /c/acl100/alisp.dxl -q -batch -e "(or\`,#.(load(string\`|script-support.lisp|))#.(asdf-test::compile-asdf-script))"
> Could not find image file /c/acl100/alisp.dxl.
> To view full results and failures, try the following command:
>      less -p ABORTED build/results/allegro-test.text
> Makefile:162: recipe for target 'test-lisp' failed
> make: *** [test-lisp] Error 1
>
> It should be "... -I c:/acl100/alisp.dxl" in the build script.

I believe on Windows, you should be using Windows paths.

It is also possible that the master branch is somewhat broken on
Windows, because of these path issues, in which case I recommend the
minimakefile branch (note that said branch requires CCL to be
installed and configured, and/or that you tweak the startup scripts to
use Allegro instead of CCL; I just updated README.md and
toos/asdf-tools.bat with better documentation; also make test-lisp is
called make test-scripts in the minimakefile branch).

> @thor[git:master]$ make l=allegro test-lisp
> ALLEGRO=alisp
> CL_SOURCE_REGISTRY=/home/layer/asdf/:/home/layer/asdf/uiop/:/home/layer/asdf/ext//:
> PWD=/home/layer/asdf/test
> OLDPWD=/home/layer/asdf
> ./buildi.exe -I alisp.dxl -q -batch -e "(or\`,#.(load(string\`|script-support.lisp|))#.(asdf-test::compile-asdf-script))"
> ./run-tests.sh: line 115: ./buildi.exe: No such file or directory
> To view full results and failures, try the following command:
>      less -p ABORTED build/results/allegro-test.text
> Makefile:162: recipe for target 'test-lisp' failed
> make: *** [test-lisp] Error 1
> @thor[git:master]$
>

> this assumes buildi.exe is in . when you ALLEGRO is passed, but that's
> clearly not correct.

I see that our test script ./test/run-tests.sh in branch master will
be confused on whether paths are Unixy or Windowsy.
This may be a good reason to use branch minimakefile, that shall be
happy with ALLEGRO being an absolute path
in Windows format (though you might have to export ALLEGRODIR, too, to
make sure it knows where to find buildi.exe).

My apologies for the test system being so hard to configure on Windows
(or Unix, for that matter — but Windows is worse, and less tested).

Patches are of course welcome.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship.
Imagination without skill is contemporary art. — Tom Stoppard