ASDF 3.1.5 test suite issues on ACL (8.2 and 10.0 GM)

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 18:17:17 UTC 2015

>>> Actually, since the user-cache is computed while asdf is loading, this
>>> won't suffice.
>>> Can you do the following:
>>>
>>> (load "build/asdf.lisp")
>>> (trace uiop:xdg-cache-home uiop:xdg-data-home uiop:getenv
>>> uiop:resolve-location uiop:resolve-absolute-location
>>> uiop:resolve-relative-location)
>>> (format t "*UC*: ~S~%(CUC): ~S~%" uiop:*user-cache*
>>> (uiop/configuration::compute-user-cache))
>
> I assume this is moot, given my last email.

No, it's essential — please try it.

As for your previous email, the catch was that the target called
"test-scripts" in the minimakefile branch is still confusingly called
"test-lisp" in the master branch (I'd fix that, but need to talk to
Robert about it).

The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be
skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. — F. Bastiat