Relocating asdf fasl cache

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 12:43:06 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 7:12 AM, 73budden . <budden73 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Problem with current docs is that *user-cache* is mentioned in docs, but
> it is not stated _when_ the default is calculated. This variable have no default
> value, but it has a function which calculates it. It is not evident
> when this function
> is called. So I needed an experiment. I even don't know when value I supplied
> will be reset back to hard-coded value.

It's called when you initialize-output-translations, which happens
(via ensure-output-translations) the first time that an output
translation is computed by apply-output-translations.

To reset, call initialize-output-translations again.

I recommend you *do not* hack *user-cache*, but instead give a
parameter to initialize-output-translations.

I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door.
You're the one that has to walk through it. — Morpheus, in "The Matrix"