fahree at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 00:53:37 UTC 2015
On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 2:30 AM, Florian Margaine <florian at margaine.com> wrote:
> After speaking a bit with jackdaniel on irc, it seems that the issue is
> correctly writing the .a files? If so, since it's a simple ar archive, this
> could be done in Lisp. I wrote an ar writer in less than 100 lines with some
> hard coded values:
> The format is basically: a global header followed by the entries. (Entries
> format is relatively straightforward, I invite you to look at the code.)
> I think it would be pretty straightforward to implement the reader in Lisp
> to manually add .o files to the end of the .a archive. (Basically, add new
> entries at the end of the archive.)
> Maybe I haven't fully understood the issue though. In that case, you can
> fully ignore me :-)
Well, *if* we move that code from CFFI (my current branch of it) to
ASDF (post 3.1.6 release),
that's about 300 more lines to add to ASDF (and probably even more
lines to support 10 additional implementations).
I don't know whether or not we want that, and if we do, whether 100 or
200 additional lines for ar support are OK.
Maybe we could require libtool when running on BSD. Meh.
—♯ƒ • François-René ÐVB Rideau •Reflection&Cybernethics• http://fare.tunes.org
Superstition brings bad luck. — Saul Gorn
More information about the asdf-devel