program-op is nice!

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun May 31 04:00:45 UTC 2015

> I don't think you've missed anything. If you want the exe to end up
> somewhere, you can:
> 1- copy the file (e.g. using uiop/stream:copy-file) from where
> program-op put it (which you can tell using output-files) to where you
> want it. Problem is, that won't do you much good on sbcl where
> save-lisp-and-die dies before you get to copy-file, unless you first
> use run-program to invoke the sbcl that will program-op.
> 2- Use (defmethod output-files ((o program-op) (s (eql (find-system
> "mysys")))) (values ... t)) so it will be exactly where you want it.
> 3- write ASDF4, that will solve these issues.

Oh, and apparently, cl-launch uses this method:
                   :build-operation ,op ;; the value here will be program-op
                   :build-pathname ,(when dump
(ensure-absolute-pathname dump #'getcwd))
   (operate op system)

To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature,
and it remains premature today.         — Isaac Asimov