Release plan for asdf

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri May 29 01:40:04 UTC 2015

Dear Robert,

I believe the plan to enable style-warnings for those using deprecated
functions or missing useful metadata is great, but
1- justifies moving to version 3.2.
2- requires testing with a 3.2.0.x alpha release series that already
have a version >= 3.2, so no magic problem occurs due to the change,
as we had with the switch to 3.0.0.
3- is probably many months away at the current rate.
3- suggests releasing what we have now as 3.1.5.

What are your blockers to a 3.1.5 release (besides lots of testing and
corresponding bug fixes)?

I really believe it would be nice to get the current bug fixes and
clasp support out of the door before then. Last release 3.1.4 was in
October; a lot of small fixes have happened since then, notably fixing
default configuration on many systems, and things like chdir on abcl —
or making asdf and uiop themselves comply with the latest metadata
requirements (note that the test systems don't fulfill them.)

It should be a grammatical if not legal offense to ascribe thoughts,
opinions and decisions to "we" without a signed power of attorney.