How would you feel...

Faré fare at tunes.org
Tue May 26 19:15:00 UTC 2015

> On Tue, May 26, 2015, 12:20 Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
>>
>> About holding the release briefly while I negotiate with Xach about
>> metadata?
>>
>> Xach is starting to make QL complain about systems missing AUTHOR,
>> DESCRIPTION, and LICENSE.  I'm pushing for VERSION, as well.
>>
>> I was thinking of adding a new class of STYLE-WARNING for systems that
>> are missing that metadata.
>>
>> Given that it's hard to get ASDF versions into implementations, I'm
>> considering holding on this briefly.
>>
>> I'll put in a topic branch for this.
>>
>> cheers,

As I'm editing my systems to include the requested metadata, I realize that
this can be quite cumbersome for secondary systems (mostly test systems).

Can we exempt secondary systems "foo/bar" from having to repeat
the metadata from primary system "foo"?

And what if the test system is call foo-test in its own .asd file?
Does he then have to repeat the metadata?

While I like the idea, I think we shouldn't hurry and release something
before we have figured out those details.

Once again, I feel like we should release what we have as 3.1.5,
and start a new 3.2.0 alpha branch where we merge our experimental code.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and
hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series
of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. — H. L. Mencken