manual version

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Tue Mar 24 02:12:33 UTC 2015

DJ wrote:
> How do I know whether the asdf manual I am looking at matches the
> version of asdf I have installed?
>
> - DJ -

I don't think we can help you with that problem.  If your implementation
supplies you a copy of ASDF, it should also supply a copy of the manual.
 There isn't really any way we can tell you how to find that copy of the
manual.  Presumably it should be located somewhere that's reachable from
the manual of the implementation itself, or at least in a doc directory
near the implementation's manual.

If the implementation just picked up ASDF without picking up its manual,
you could claw your way back to the right manual using
(asdf:asdf-version) and then finding the right manual through our git
repo, but that seems pretty unpleasant.

I see that SBCL supplies the asdf manual, in /usr/local/share/doc/sbcl/

Allegro does not seem to supply the manual.

Seems like we should encourage the implementations to make the manual
available to their users.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.