[Asdf-devel] :homepage :bug-tracker :mailto :long-name :source-control

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 15:38:30 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Erik Huelsmann <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting thing to learn that they actually existed. Never knew and I
> actually thought about sending a request to the ASDF mailing list to that
> extent to mirror the metadata that's commonly included in Perl modules. With
> these fields, the already known "description" field and the dependencies
> list, it would be possible to start a nice metadata site like metacpan.org
> -- with the notable difference that we don't have a CPAN.org, so people
> would have to register their own packages. Kickstarting with quicklisp
> projects could be a nice seed for the site.

These are a relatively recent feature introduced in ASDF 3,
as part of my attempt to get rid of component-property:
plenty of systems each had their own, incompatible way
of specifying these elements (plus a few sui generis elements
that either had no place in the system object, or could be added
using subclasses of system or a system-keyed hash-table).

Before starting yet another website about Lisp software, you might want to
try collaborating with the existing cl-user.net and/or cliki maintainers.
Or not.

Money is the sincerest of all flattery.
Women love to be flattered.
So do men.
    — Robert Heinlein, "Time Enough For Love"