:require dependency

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Mon Jun 29 14:26:37 UTC 2015

Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:

> According to the manual REQUIRE-SYSTEM is "... a version of
> @code{load-system} that skips trying to update systems that are
> already loaded."
>
> There is no REQUIRE-OP.
>
> There is a REQUIRE-SYSTEM which is a system whose loading is handled
> by REQUIRE instead of native ASDF.

  OK, this is what I figured in the meantime. But then, this seems to
  contradict what the manual says (the part you're mentioning above).

> This might be useful, e.g., on ACL, which has many bundled modules
> which are loaded by REQUIRE. I'm not sure there is a common
> implementation-independent use case, since people aren't distributing
> a lot of code to be loaded with REQUIRE, AFAICT.

  I guess it's mostly useful for implementation-specific libraries. I
  use it for sb-grovel for instance.

> Hope that helps.  Sorry for the late answer: we've been grappling with
> some knotty bugs on Windows.

  No worries. When I have bugs on windows, I usually close the blinds :-D

--
My new Jazz CD entitled "Roots and Leaves" is out!
Check it out: http://didierverna.com/records/roots-and-leaves.php

Lisp, Jazz, Aïkido: http://www.didierverna.info