Problem with ACL on windows & proposed fix

Faré fare at tunes.org
Sun Jun 28 11:10:50 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 12:58 AM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
> Ok. Maybe we'll have to issue a 3.1.5 and then follow it almost immediately with a 3.1.6 that will have better Windows support. THEN we can finally move forward again.

It might be worth seeing whether a simple fix of eliminating that
clause avoiding cmd /c for Allegro and/or CLISP will solve the issue
on Windows.

Otherwise, yes, it looks like the issue might not be a regression, but
we didn't notice previously because we weren't testing as much on
Windows and/or had fewer regression tests.

Everything has its limit — iron ore cannot be educated into gold. — Mark Twain