Test failures on Windows

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Tue Jun 23 19:15:24 UTC 2015

On 6/23/15 Jun 23 -1:46 PM, Dave Cooper wrote:

> You have to set that ALLEGRO_NOISY variable to true (in my run script).
> That will cause allegro to show its console, which is where you will see
> most of the output on Windows.
>
> It is controlled by the +c argument.

Right.  So this variable is off by default when running the test script.

Thanks.  When I turn this on, I can see where we went awry.

But... on Unix-like systems where there's no console, the output of the
tests goes into the test script, so that you can see exactly what
comparisons failed.  That's obviously much more desirable than this
behavior.

Is there no way to redirect the output of ACL on Windows?  Must it
always go into its own console window (or be lost altogether if it's run
without a console window)?  That seems deeply undesirable....

Best,