The dictatorship of versioning

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Tue Jun 16 09:48:17 UTC 2015

I wrote:

> Thoughts ? Will this be enough to satisfy ASDF ?

  Not quite. I missed NORMALIZE-VERSION (ASDF attempting to be clever
  and doing all sorts of nasty DWIM stuff on version numbers).

  Attached patch would solve the problem, it seems. But then again, I
  don't really know what I'm doing. It wraps NORMALIZE-VERSION within a
  generic function which I can then specialize on my system, essentially
  bypassing normalization altogether, like this:

(defmethod asdf/parse-defsystem:normalize-component-version
    ((system my-system) form &key pathname component parent)
  (declare (ignore pathname component parent))
  form)