Release plan for asdf

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Tue Jun 9 16:29:04 UTC 2015

On 6/9/15 Jun 9 -11:19 AM, Dave Cooper wrote:

>     With luck, Dave's Windows tests will come back passing, and we can
>     release tomorrow.
>

> Not quite.  The next failure looks like it's specific to cygwin, though.
> At least in Allegro and CCL, when launched from a cygwin bash shell, the
> "PWD" environment is "/cygdrive/f/..."  but this is not recognized by
> the Lisp --  e.g.

cygwin is a mess.  It's an operating system, but no it's not an
operating system.

My best guess is that the Lisps would have to be told that they are
running under cygwin in some sense, so that they would know to use the
cygwin equivalents to the standard posix commands, instead of using the
real operating system, which is Windows.

The only thing I can think of would be if we could find something in the
environment that would indicate that we're in cygwin context. I don't
know what that would be.  Does cygwin set some standard environment
variable?

Even then, I'm not sure how the lisp implementation could figure out how
to find the right cygwin programs....