Almost there

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Wed Jul 15 00:34:01 UTC 2015

On 7/14/15 Jul 14 -6:04 PM, Attila Lendvai wrote:
>> I'm inclined to remove the export of *IMMUTABLE-SYSTEMS*.  It hasn't
>> been used in a released version of ASDF AFAIK, so it seems benign to
>> remove it.
>
> isn't that also the case for REGISTER-IMMUTABLE-SYSTEM?
>
> if that export sticks in the release then it'll be a headache down the
> road (assuming that it is indeed an unfortunate name and not just my
> lone opinion).

OK, I just had a look at rewriting REGISTER-IMMUTABLE-SYSTEM and it is
*not* amenable to a rewrite as a setf-able predicate.  There are all
kinds of side-effecting in that code that would have to be disentangled
to make the "query" form of that function work.

If anyone is interested in carrying this through, I'm attaching my
abortive version of find-system.lisp with the beginnings of a rewrite.

But it's way more than I want to do before 3.1.5 is released.

Attila, if you care enough, LMK when you think you could submit a patch.
 Otherwise we go with what we have (except I remove the export of
*immutable-systems*).

Best,