Almost there

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 18:17:17 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
> This sounds like a good point.  Should we do this in the cover letter,
> the changelog, manual, or some combination?
>
> My guess is that relatively few people actually upgrade their ASDFs in
> place -- most just get ASDF from their implementation.  But that's not
> an excuse for making them miserable.
>
> Faré, do you have a sentence about the change in location that I could use?

What about this?

"If you are using Windows and taking advantage of the default search
path for the configuration and/or source-registry, then mind that this
path has just changed in incompatible ways. If you have configuration
files, you may have to move or copy them from
$LOCALAPPDATA/common-lisp/config/ to
$LOCALAPPDATA/config/common-lisp/. Meanwhile your cache will be moved
from $LOCALAPPDATA/common-lisp/cache/ to
$LOCALAPPDATA/cache/common-lisp/. However, you should not have to move
your source code, still in subdirectories of
$LOCALAPPDATA/common-lisp/source/"

NB: I have not used Windows, and if any Windows user actually relies
on ASDF configuration, double-checking would be great.

You may call yourself athiest, but I'm athier than you are!