Almost there

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Jul 10 08:24:37 UTC 2015

> On Jul 10, 2015, at 05:05, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

[…]
> Nothing should have changed in the semantics of ASDF itself since the
> last run of cl-test-grid, so I don't expect any discrepancy. We did
> add better immutable-system support thanks to Dave Cooper, but that
> isn't cover by cl-test-grid, only by our regression tests and his
> usage.

In a minor point on compatibility: I believe that [in the revision to the XDG
machinery][1], under Windows the default location of the XDG config directory
will change.  Unfortunately, I have not had the time to verify that this is the
case on my production ABCL instances under Windows.

While I acknowledge that this change is a “bug fix” in ASDF’s interpretation of
the XDG spec and the “correct” thing to do, it might help to be a little more
verbose in the release notes on the ramification of a Windows-deployed end
user’s upgrading from asdf-3.1.4 to asdf-3.1.5.  Windows' lack of a symbolic
links and NTFS semantics of not allowing a directory to be renamed when opened
by a given process may make upgrading ASDF in-place for production instances a
little tricky.

[1]: https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/asdf/asdf/commit/7efd83582488c0cd4e3f0bb9aa1921d5fbfe9ec2

Otherwise, onwards!

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."