Testing running subsidiary lisps with multiple Allegros

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 00:58:32 UTC 2015

OK, I believe I understand the issue, that I didn't experience before
because I only ever used but two allegros at most, alisp and mlisp
from allegro express.

IIUC, the issue is indeed that test-program doesn't really know which
allegro variant it's running, and guesses which it is by getting the
argv0 then assuming that is in the $PATH. That worked well as long as
there is only one Allegro directory with alisp and mlisp (and possibly
8-bit char variants), but that doesn't work with the all-encompassing
battery of allegro variants that you guys have been using.

So instead I updated lisp-invocation to be more clever about allegro
variants (and ecl variants, while we're at it), and it should work
better now. I also fixed a bug in lisp-invocation in how it detects
ALLEGRODIR, etc., to be compatible with run-tests.sh.

I have not yet begun to procrastinate