Question from the old school: source config DSL

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 19:39:11 UTC 2015

>> You can
>> (alexandria:hash-table-alist asdf/source-registry::*source-registry*)
>>
>> or for a higher-level view, you can
>> (asdf/source-registry:flatten-source-registry)
>>
>> then again, if you use the newfangled source-registry-cache, you can
>> find ~/common-lisp -name .cl-source-registry.cache
>
> Sweet. Those I have wished for sometimes. Thanks!
>
> So what does "a higher level" mean? How do those two views interrelate? I
> guess it's in the code, but the asdf code is smarter than me...

Well, if you read source-registry.lisp, function
compute-source-registry (itself called by initialize-source-registry),
you'll find that
1- the configuration is "flattened" into this list of entries
2- .asd files found in the directories and trees listed are
accumulated into the *source-registry* table.

If a trainstation is where the trains stop, what is then a workstation...
        — Lars Lundgren <d95lars at dtek.chalmers.se>