[Asdf-devel] Semantics of asdf:system-relative-pathname

Ralf Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Thu Sep 4 13:49:31 UTC 2014

Hello list,

I just stumbled overthe following strangeness [1]:

 I've some code in directory foo that contains two asdf files, foo.asd
 and foo-test.asd, the later contains the following definition:

  (defsystem "foo-test"
     :version "0.1"
     :pathname "t"
     :serial t
     ..... )

 Now, if I evaluate

   (asdf:system-relative-pathname :foo-test "baz" :type "rsc")

 I get a pathname relative to the _asdf-file_, while evaluating:

   (merge-pathnames "baz.rsc" (slot-value (asdf:find-system :foo-test) 'asdf::absolute-pathname))

 yields the correct/expected pathname (i.e. one that honors the pathname
 spec. of the asdf system).

 Is this really intended behavior or just an oversight?

  Cheers, Ralf Mattes

 Footnotes:
[1]  in the sense of not following the principle o fleast astonishment