[Asdf-devel] ASDF test failure on MKCL linux

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 03:15:17 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 11:03 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> test-try-refinding.script is a relatively new test (introduced shortly
> before the 3.1.3 release), so its failure might not be a regression in
> ASDF if none of us tested 3.1.3 with MKCL (did we?). Now, infinite
> looping is certainly a bad failure mode in the test. This looks like a
> MKCL-specific bug, though:

It was a bug in MKCL alright! I managed to goof on the order of restarts
returned by cl:compute-restarts in a change I did for 1.1.9. A nasty
regression you would say. I think it is fixed now (in git repo master head).

With this fix I get test-try-refinding.script to run OK and got bold enough
to try a run at a 'make t l=mkcl' and it said:

-#---------------------------------------
Using
/home/jean-claude/CL/MKCL/dev/releases/mkcl-1.1/git/mkcl.git/src/bin/mkcl
Ran 55 tests:
  55 passing and 0 failing
all tests apparently successful

> PS: unrelatedly, several bugs were recently fixed in clasp and ECL
> that may or may not be present in MKCL; check the (not very active,
> this year) git log of ECL for details.

Arto just posted a few good ones in the last hours, probably the best of
the year so far. And I have already merged the relevant ones in MKCL.
See, I do watch that stuff...