[Asdf-devel] Character encoding question in test-program

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 23:27:15 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> When I run this test, I get a style warning about the character
> encoding, because of "Faré" in the comment:
>
> Testing: test-program.script
> sbcl --noinform --no-userinit --no-sysinit --disable-debugger --eval
> "'(#.(load(string'|script-support.lisp|))#.(asdf-test::load-asdf)#.(asdf-test::frob-packages)#.(asdf-test:run-test-script'|test-program.script|))"
> STYLE-WARNING:
>    Character decoding error in a ;-comment at position 1 reading source
> stream #<FD-STREAM
>
>          for "file /Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/uiop/contrib/debug.lisp"
>
>          {10043F6093}>, resyncing.
>
> should lisp-invocation somehow be requesting UTF-8?

ASDF should always be requesting UTF-8, and my file has the é as UTF-8
indeed. Did you somehow get the file mistranslated at some point after
extracting from git (e.g. to latin1 or mac-roman)? Is the git status
of the file unmodified?

Multiple instances of a same hacker with different context in his mental
cache count as multiple hackers wrt documentation and testing needs.