[Asdf-devel] ASDF Release?

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Oct 5 18:04:29 UTC 2014

Faré wrote:
> Dear Anton, dear Robert, dear Common Lisp hackers,
>
> since 3.1.3 in last July there have been many minor bug fixes to ASDF
> and UIOP (plus enhancements for ECL, GCL, LispWorks, MKCL), a
> .cl-source-registry.cache feature for faster script startup, and
> slight documentation improvements. I believe it's soon time for a
> 3.1.4 release.
>
> Anton, can you run a full grid test with ASDF 3.1.3.10?
>
> Robert, do you agree that the code is ripe for release?

Yes, I do.

I will start the full suite of tests (with upgrade) on Linux now.

I'll do the full set of tests on Mac OS X tonight.

Dave, if you get a chance, would you please try on Windows?

> NB: all enhancements from the minimakefile branch have been merged
> into master, except for the Makefile itself and the replacement of
> asdf-builder and run-tests.sh by the lisp script asdf-tools. So it's
> possible to merge that branch into master without any change to
> asdf.lisp itself, or its test suite and other associated scripts. Only
> the test and release infrastructure will be upgraded.

I'm inclined to postpone this until immediately after the release of
3.1.4.  Otherwise, if I merge and have trouble, it will be a nuisance to
undo, and might delay the release.

Best,