[Asdf-devel] converting asdf build & test to Lisp

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sat May 31 21:53:13 UTC 2014

Kambiz Darabi wrote:
> On 2014-05-20 05:02 CEST, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
>
>> A remaining problem is that now getting an ASDF development environment
>> starts to be more difficult.  How are we to manage installing the
>> dependencies if the ASDF development head is going to be *ahead* of the
>> state of Quicklisp (and, I believe now, *incompatibly* ahead)?
>
> Trying to set up a build environment for the minimakefile branch, I also
> had to hunt the dependencies.

I had the same trouble for the original makefile, which I resolved by
setting up this environment variable:

export
ASDF_DEVEL_SOURCE_REGISTRY="${HOME}/lisp/vendor/fare-utils:${HOME}/lisp/vendor/inferior-shell:${HOME}/lisp/vendor/fare-quasiquote:${HOME}/lisp/vendor/fare-mop:${HOME}/lisp/vendor/cl-ppcre:${HOME}/lisp/closer-mop:${HOME}/lisp/asdf//:${HOME}/lisp/vendor/named-readtables/:${HOME}/lisp/vendor/optima/:${HOME}/lisp/vendor/alexandria:"

The makefile checks for this environment variable (line 35):

ifdef ASDF_DEVEL_SOURCE_REGISTRY
export CL_SOURCE_REGISTRY = ${ASDF_DEVEL_SOURCE_REGISTRY}
endif

Probably something similar could be done in the minimakefile branch
(although let's *not* share the same environment variable name!).

I don't see that it's necessary for you to use the minimakefile branch,
although I certainly don't object to your doing so, if you prefer to.

Best,