[Asdf-devel] Wanted: Debian packager

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed May 14 20:53:58 UTC 2014

For previous versions of ASDF, Faré has been providing a debian package,
cl-asdf.

I'd like a volunteer to take over the packaging process.

The more I mess with this, the less I feel like I know what I'm doing.
I haven't *maintained* (as opposed to used) a Linux box for about 5
years, and when I did, I used an RPM-based distro, instead of a
.deb-based one.  For that matter, this is not dogfood that I plan on
consuming.

So.....

1.  Is anyone else willing to take over the packaging?  This should be
relatively minimal amount of work, really just running the build
scripts, uploading the packages, and yelling at me when the Changelog is
badly formatted, etc.

2.  If the answer to #1 is "no," how bad is that, anyway?  Does anyone
actually use ASDF from cl-asdf instead of getting it bundled from their
implementation or installing from source?  Maybe this package could
simply go away?

Cheers,