[asdf-devel] Alternate default lisp system location

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 01:13:43 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 3:28 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 11:30 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
>> How would you all feel about an alternate default location for lisp
>> systems, in addition to
>>
>> ~/.local/share/common-lisp/source/

NB: I think a new additional location under ~/ for CL code would be great,
and just *before* 3.1.1 is released would be the perfect time for it, since
users can then rely on #-asdf3.1 for their backward compatibility recipes.

I personally used ~/cl/ but think ~/common-lisp/ would be great too,
and while I think ~/lisp/ is a bit misleading I would accept it as
well. I really dislike ~/asdf-systems/ since other tools (e.g. XCVB)
may want to use the same path, too.

It's not ignorance that does so much damage;
it's knowing so darned much that ain't so. — Josh Billings