[asdf-devel] Alternate default lisp system location

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 07:07:50 UTC 2014

> Ok good. Then how about having ASDF loudly announce that it is registering
> the default directory (e.g. ~/cl/), as well as providing the hint about
> using a .conf file with the right syntax with :tree, if the user wants to
> exclude certain subdirectories.
>
> The goal here is to make the addition of the default registry directory as
> painless and surprise-free as possible for anyone who already happens to
> have stuff floating around in the new default directory.

FTR, when i wrote my own version of :tree i also added a loud output
that listed everything that got added to the registry, because
previously i've wasted way too much time with loading the wrong
systems, and with debugging build differences between dev environments
and production deployments.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39