[asdf-devel] Branches to merge (I hope)

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Mar 24 20:54:01 UTC 2014

Faré wrote:
> Dear Robert,
>
> please consider merging these two branches before release:
> * renamed-bundle-op, fixes https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/1294018

I'm a little uncomfortable with this, simply because I don't use the
bundle operations, so I worry that I might be letting someone else in
for trouble (although I don't see how).

Well, that's what pre-releases are for.  How about you merge that, and
then we can try to make a strong push for testing.  I would guess that
only people who are very involved with ASDF would use these operations
so, as you say, changes should have minimal impact and be relatively
easily identified.

> * build-op, fixes https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/1293292

This one I would rather postpone until after the next release.  Getting
it into use would require even MORE modifications to the manual, and
manual updates are already delaying everything.

The need for a short name isn't enough of a requirement to cause us to
eagerly change the main entry point into ASDF loading.