[asdf-devel] Make the CL syntax predictable

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Fri Mar 14 16:20:30 UTC 2014

14.03.2014, 20:02, "Anton Vodonosov" <avodonosov at yandex.ru>:
> Here is the report for the syntax patch:
> http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-test-grid/asdf/asdf-diff-38.html

As systems depend on each other, a failing system breaks other systems.

To get sense of the situation the following report may help:
http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-test-grid/asdf/asdf-load-failures-3.1.0.94.synt-patch.html
It includes only systems which fail with the syntax pach, while load OK without the patch.

The default sorting places more "important to fix" systems at top.

The term "root-blocker" means a system failing by itself, i.e. none of its dependencies fail.

For example atdoc has 1 root-blocker - clozure-common. If we fix clozure-common, atdoc will
hopefully work (unless atdoc it has its own problem, which will be revealed in this case).

The systems which have count of root-blockers = 0 fail by themselves.

You may change sorting by clicking columns (holding Shift to sort by multiple columns).

Let me know if you have questions about this report.

Best regards,
- Anton