[asdf-devel] Port of ASDF 3.1.0.94 to MKCL

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 18:57:13 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> Problems I found:
> 1- you look for encodings in #p"SYS:ENCODINGS;" (upper case,
> as per the standard), which is mapped to .../lib/mkcl-1.1.8/encodings/
> (lower case, as customary on Unix, thus as per the standard).
> However, the directory and its files have upper case names, and
> are therefore not found. This breaks asdf-encodings and thus the
> test-encodings.script test. Note: you need to download the latest
> version of asdf-encodings for this test to work.

Thank you for the bug report.  This will give me an opportunity to revisit
that land of half-forgotten and so often much too brittle legacy.

> 2- even assuming SYS:ENCODINGS; were found, it is not obvious at all
>  what is the right way to detect the presence of an encoding.
>  i.e. given the keyword :latin-2, what is the recommended way
>  to detect if an encoding is supported and/or to list supported
>  encodings? e.g. check (si::make-encoding :latin-2),
>  or see that mk-ext::latin-2 in bound to a keyword?

As I said above, half-forgotten legacy, so I'll need a little while to
reply on this one...

> 3- if I uncomment the lines:
>   ;;(unless (or #+ecl (use-ecl-byte-compiler-p))
>   ;;  (setf *load-system-operation* 'load-bundle-op))
>   I get an error in test-logical-pathname,
>   with the .fasb apparently mapped to the wrong directory.

???! What is the real need for this one? You see me a bit baffled here.
Will investigate...