[asdf-devel] Make the CL syntax predictable

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 15:23:29 UTC 2014

Thanks a lot, Anton!

Well, here's a valid argument in favor of 'single-float as the
default: making 'double-float the default breaks 22 systems in
Quicklisp (a bit fewer when you consider that some systems only
depended on a broken one, but still), when making it 'single-float
only broke 4 of them, all of which I fixed yesterday. If the default
had to be decided right now, that would indeed make it a strong case
for 'single-float. Stronger to me than any I've seen so far, and one
capable of swaying my opinion indeed.

Hopefully, they ban not just gay marriage, but straight marriage too,
and at last we have separation of state and marriage.