[asdf-devel] Re: Question about MKCL support

Faré fare at tunes.org
Tue Mar 25 16:07:17 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
> JCB complains that requiring UIOP:RESTART-IMAGE causes MKCL somehow to
> end up sucking the compiler into programs, causing severe bloat.
>
> Can we provide an option to PROGRAM-OP that does *not* invoke
> RESTART-IMAGE, satisfying him, but keeping the default behavior that all
> applications restart identically?

Yes, that's totally legitimate and desirable as a non-default extension.

Now that ECL and MKCL support have been merged, it was easy enough to
implement this feature portably — test included (of course, before it
was tested, it was completely buggy).

Please try the program-system class with :no-uiop option in 3.1.0.105.

Trying to be happy is like trying to build a machine for which the only
specification is that it should run noiselessly.