[Asdf-devel] mkcl and asdf upgrade

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 17:34:48 UTC 2014

>> That worked, as far as building mkcl goes. Of course, mkcl still has
>> the same class redefinition bug.
>>

> I think the full fix is now in git repo master head.  Could you please do
> a "make distclean" then pull from git repo master head, configure again,
> and finally do a "make install" or whatever you need to re-attempt the
> ASDF upgrade that broke.
>
> Please tell me the result.

Nope, still the same bug with ASDF.

Note that ASDF already has
#+mkcl
(eval-when (:load-toplevel :compile-toplevel :execute)
  (require :cmp)
  (setq clos::*redefine-class-in-place* t)) ;; Make sure we have
strict ANSI class redefinition semantics
since release 2.27 (the first ASDF3 pre-release) so binding it to T
once again in another place is unlikely to help much, unless something
else in the system is changing it.

Though indeed I do see that the example I give works when the flag is set. Sigh.

I don't have time to deal with this anymore. Please work with Robert
Goldman to get ASDF upgrade fixed on MKCL. You can test it by having a
checkout of an asdf git repo in your source-registry.

Personal dishonesty is not needed to produce a dishonest business plan or
research proposal. Wishful thinking suffices. — John McCarthy