[Asdf-devel] converting asdf build & test to Lisp

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 05:09:22 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 9:03 PM, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> wrote:
> It should be possible to use Quicklisp for build script dependencies
> (except for lisp-invocation - I don't see it in Quicklisp so we will
> need to provide it).

The proper thing to do in this case is file a bug on quicklisp-projects:
https://github.com/quicklisp/quicklisp-projects/issues/693

> Even if new ASDF is somehow incompatible with Quicklisp, the build script
> is a separate program with may rely on old dependencies and ASDF coming with Quicklisp.
>
> How to use the build tools? I have tried `cd asdf; make clean` but it fails:

works for me.

>  Delegating clean to asdf-tools
>  Unhandled ASDF/FIND-SYSTEM:MISSING-COMPONENT:
>  Component :ASDF-TOOLS not found
>
>Just 'make' works, but I think it doesn't use build tools.

'make' indeed only depends on make, sh and cat.
'make clean' invokes asdf-tools, but it looks like your source-registry
is misconfigured in a way that prevents asdf from finding asdf-tools.
I have no idea what's happening. Did you define a bad
ASDF_DEVEL_SOURCE_REGISTRY ?

im always happy // even when im sad // im happy to be sad // it doesnt happen
often // so its like gift for me // and gift make me happy — q