[asdf-devel] Pushed version 3.1.0.52 -- first version with checks for OPERATION subclasses -- please test!

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Jan 22 16:08:40 UTC 2014

Attila Lendvai wrote:
>> Yes, I turned these off in my editor.  I ended up with too many
>> distracting red blocks on my screen, and then too many spurious diffs
>> when I would commit automatic whitespace cleanup.
>

> yep. i turned auto fixing off myself, and i have a very slight red
> tint on the whitespace mistakes.
>
> thanks for the mini-doc! i'm doing one more trial.

Probably while we wait to see if anyone can come up with a less
disruptive solution than mine, it will be best for you to park your fix
on a topic branch.

Unfortunately, I don't see such a solution on the horizon:  Pascal has
demonstrated to my satisfaction that we cannot trap the *definition* of
new OPERATION subclasses, only their instantiation.  Faré has similarly
ruled out deprecating OPERATION itself.

Best,