[asdf-devel] New ASDF test failures

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 22:30:32 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> CCL: package-system-test.script
> clisp: asdf-pathname-test.script package-system-test.script
> test-sysdef-asdf.script
> sbcl: package-system-test
> ecl: package-system-test.script test-bundle.script (expected)
> test-sysdef-asdf.script
> cmucl: package-system-test
> lispworks: package-system-test
>
> I'm stopping for now -- it seems like package-system-test is now
> portably broken, at least on Mac OSX.
>
> Happy New Year,

Weird. It's a test I just added to test the new package-system functionality.
It's working for me on all platforms on Linux.
Do you have a backtrace for asdf-pathname-test on CCL and/or SBCL?

I added some code in test-sysdef-asdf that invokes run-program with
:directory to check that the Makefile and asdf.asd are in sync with
respect to the ordered list of files in asdf (and same in uiop).
Apparently, there was a bug in UIOP's run-program :directory argument
on implementations that don't have a native run-program and revert to
system(), that I just fixed, and should fix test-sysdef-asdf on clisp
and ecl. I'm glad we found it that before release. Sorry for the bug,
and for not testing this combination myself.

What is the clisp failure in asdf-pathname-test.script?

Happy new year!

Invent a clever saying, and your name shall live forever.
        — Anonymous