[asdf-devel] Pushed version 3.1.0.52 -- first version with checks for OPERATION subclasses -- please test!

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Wed Jan 22 01:38:42 UTC 2014

22.01.2014, 02:47, "Robert P. Goldman" <rpgoldman at sift.info>:
> Fixes for this error should look something like this:
>
> (defclass my-operation (OPERATION)
>   ...)
>
> should turn into something like
>
> (defclass my-operation (#-asdf3 OPERATION #+asdf3 DOWNWARD-OPERATION)
>   ...)

[...]
> FWIW, *all* the OPERATION-redefining systems will be broken.  This is intentional.  All such systems need reexamination, and potentially patching.

Have you considered leaving old asdf:operation as a deprecated backward compatibility stub defined as

  (defclass operation (downward-operation) ())

And the hierarchy base class will be called for example base-operation:

  (defclass base-operation ()    )

  (defclass downward-operation (base-operation)    )
  (defclass upward-operation (base-operation)    )
  (defclass sideway-operation (base-operation)    )
  (defclass selfward-operation (base-operation)    )
  (defclass non-propagating-operation (base-operation)   )

Best regards,
- Anton