[asdf-devel] Releasing asdf 3.1.1 ?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 04:18:14 UTC 2014

OK, so I've run complete tests of ASDF 3.1.0.34 on Linux x64 with
ASDF_TEST_LISPS="ccl clisp sbcl cmucl allegro allegromodern lispworks
ecl_bytecodes ecl abcl xcl gcl"

I got one unexpected failure, excepted failures:
cmucl upgrade total failure https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/1209272
3 failures in gcl (gcl bugs, Camm needs to get back to me).

The unexpected failure was ecl's test-bundle: due to misconfiguration
in test-asdf.asd,
the explicit secondary definitions of test-asdf/dll-test was now
overridden by package-system,
which was causing asdf/package-system to fail ungracefully because the
file had no defpackage form.
Failing with end-of-file error rather than giving a user-meaningful
error message was a bug.
package-system now yields a user-readable error in such cases, with
test cases added
to the test suite. And the configuration error in test-asdf is now fixed.

I'm re-running all the tests with ASDF 3.1.0.35. Looking good so far.
Please keep testing in view of a release 3.1.1.

PS: Regarding the previously mentioned Quicklisp bugs, see
https://github.com/quicklisp/quicklisp-controller/issues/7

Reason isn't about not having prejudices,
it's about having (appropriate) postjudices. — Faré