[asdf-devel] One failure on ASDF 3.1.0.70 on Allegro/Windows

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 18:20:51 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Dave Cooper <david.cooper at genworks.com> wrote:

>> Please test again with the latest ASDF and tracing
>> uiop/run-program::%system with two colons.
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19667598/asdf-failures/3.1.0.73/clisp-test.text
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19667598/asdf-failures/3.1.0.73/sbcl-test.text
>
> Also running both these again now from local Windows filesystem.

I (hopefully) fixed the SBCL failure now (see my reply to rpgoldman).

The clisp failures:

the pathname one is the "usual" probe-files* fails on directories on Windows.
The code is ugly enough in uiop/filesystem.lisp.
I suppose the right thing to do is to identify what's failing (maybe
the file-stat function fails?) and ask the clisp team for help.
Can you create a directory with pathname "c:/foo/" and call from CLISP
(lisp-implementation-version)
(ext:probe-pathname* "c:/foo/")
(POSIX:file-stat "c:/foo/" nil)
If you need to require something before to be able to use the POSIX
package, e.g. (require "posix") or (require "POSIX"),
that's a good datapoint, too.
Are you using the latest CLISP? Where did you get it when? Sigh.

The other two failures are the run-program issue we've been trying to
debug for some time, and unhappily this attempt to trace ext:shell
failed because or a package lock. Can you try to
(ext:without-package-lock ...) or something around the (trace ...) or
(eval '(trace ...)) to make it work? You can run a single test with:
  make t l=clisp t=test-run-program.script

Thanks!

The ancients stole all our ideas from us. — Mark Twain