[asdf-devel] asdf loading error error

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 22:32:51 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Cyrus Harmon <ch-lisp at bobobeach.com> wrote:

> While trying to load and asdf system that generates an error (that’s another story, presumably an abcl-contrib problem), I get the following error:
>
> Error while trying to load definition for system abcl-cdk from
> pathname /Users/sly/projects/abcl-cdk/abcl-cdk.asd:
>    There is no applicable method for the generic function #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION ASDF/SYSTEM:BUILTIN-SYSTEM-P {4DE3AFA9}> when called with arguments ((NIL)).
>    [Condition of type ASDF/FIND-SYSTEM:LOAD-SYSTEM-DEFINITION-ERROR]

There's an error while reporting a warning (warning about your system
having a bad version string).
I suggest you add this method in system.lisp after defclass system:
 (defmethod builtin-system-p ((x null)) nil)
Does it help?

Robert, do you want me to commit that?

If you're a quiet, law-abiding citizen most of the time but occasionally cut
someone up and bury them in your backyard, you're a bad guy.
        — Paul Graham, "The Power of the Marginal"