[asdf-devel] Re: Unable to upgrade asdf using clisp 2.49 on Mac OS X

Faré fare at tunes.org
Sun Feb 2 23:04:10 UTC 2014

> This is only fixable going forward, right?  Because it's a bug that
> affects the upgrade....

Old versions of ASDF may or may not like logical pathnames so much, anyway.

> I guess this means that clisp is more fussy about accepting a pathname,
> rather than a pathname-designator in some circumstances.

Debugging (logical) pathnames is something I really don't want to do anymore,
but with the help of trace, you can probably figure out where the bug
is happening.

Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out,
but that is not the reason we are doing it
        — Richard Feynman